WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Do I Really Want Another?

My daughter, Princess, is now 16 months old and 20 pounds.  She was born a small 6 pounds 14 ounces after being almost 2 weeks late. Personally, I think the doctor didn't know how to use the birth calendar right because a 2 week late baby is generally more than 6 pounds 14 ounces. But I digress. She was a good baby. No colic and pretty easy to please as long as she had plenty to look at. She was incredibly alert from birth and stared at everything with huge brown eyes. At a few weeks of age, she could already hold her head up and she could sit with very little support at a few months.

As cute as a newborn baby is, I would gladly skip the first few months in a baby's life and head straight for the precocious 3 month old. At that age, they interact more, are starting to get on a schedule, eat less often than every 87 minutes, and don't cry as much simply for the fact that they are better able to entertain themselves. Although, I've been told by numerous resentful mothers that I better not complain seeing how my daughter slept through the night at the ripe old age of 5 weeks. I will go through the uncertain, insane newborn stage again if it means that I get to have another child. Maybe next time, it will be easier because I've been through it before. Wait a second, I have to give myself a reality check......................okay, done. Let me rephrase that. Maybe next time, it will be just as hard or harder because I will be caring for a toddler and a newborn without the added benefit of sleeping when the baby does and not getting off the couch for anything except to go to the bathroom or refill the enormous water bottle so necessary to a breastfeeding mother. Oh yes, and everything I learned about caring for a newborn will be obsolete because each child is so vastly different that everything that worked on my firstborn will probably irritate my second child to no end.

I can't wait to have another baby.

Unsolicited Advice:
When shopping or traveling with your child, write your cell phone number on a slip of paper and pin it to your child's shirt. This way if he or she runs off and gets lost, you can be reached. Oh, and make sure you have your cell phone with you, charged, and turned on if you're going to do this.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...