WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 Days-Day 6

When I do the "quick clean" of the living room every morning as part of my morning routine, Princess is required to help.  Yesterday, I hit on a way to make it fun for her though.  She loves pushing her shopping cart around the house and filling it up with junk...I mean precious things.  Everytime I found something that had a home in a different part of the house while cleaning the living room, I gave it to her to put in her cart and sent her off to "deliver" it.  She loved it! 

It was right after breakfast when we did this, thus the pajamas.  However, there are days when she's still wearing pjs after lunch.  And sometimes before supper.  But seriously, you should be focusing on the floor.  I mean, I have a floor!!  Just two weeks ago, I still thought my living room was carpeted with an unique "toy carpet".
Today, I put on my climbing gear, packed some beef jerky and tackled Mount Everest in the kids' room.  It took me over an hour, but every piece of clothing that was on their floor is put away, whether it be in a closet, drawer, or storage box. 

This is what I have left to do in their room this week:
"Vacuum"
"Wash window and mirrors"
"Change sheets"  I did Princess's sheets on Tuesday when I discovered the instant powdered pudding mix under and on her bed so I just have Little Man's crib sheet to do.
"Dust baseboards and door frame"
"Clean cobwebs"

If your house is a mess and you have a hard time keeping it clean, did you know that you just might be a perfectionist?  It sounds crazy, I know.  Doesn't a perfectionist have a, well, perfect house?  Nope.  My dear mother is a perfectionist, and she lovingly passed the gene on to me.  And we both have the same problems with housekeeping.

For example, when my kitchen was a mess, as it was 98% of the time before I started Flylady, I would look at it and give up.  I didn't have enough time to dedicate to getting it spotless so I wouldn't do anything at all.  Basically, if I couldn't clean it perfectly, I wouldn't do it.  Using the Flylady system has taught me a motto that I mutter under my breath while cleaning every day.  Somedays when I'm tackling an especially big mess, I growl more than mutter. 

"It doesn't have to be perfect, 
it just has to be better."

I'd love to hear if you have any mottoes or mantras when it comes to housekeeping.  Also, I haven't figured out how to customize my comments forms so I can actually reply to each comment, but I wanted to let you all know that I have been reading and loving each and every one of your comments.  Thank you all for your encouragement and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...