WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Smores Bars

I absolutely love these bars!  I've made them for family and church functions and I usually come home with an empty pan.  Which actually makes me kind of sad because I could probably eat a whole pan of these myself.  In one sitting.

The original recipe I found used a 9" x 9" pan and had instructions to cut the bars into 2 1/4" x 1 1/2" squares.  To which I laughed, doubled the recipe, got out my 9" x 13" pan, and proceeded to cut the finished product into 3" x 3" squares.

You'll need:
  • 2/3 cup light corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter
  • 1 package of milk chocolate chips (or use semi-sweet if that's what you have on hand)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 8 cups Golden Grahams cereal
  • 3 cups of miniature marshmallows
 Butter your pan.  Heat the corn syrup and margarine to boiling in a saucepan; remove from heat.  Add chocolate chips and vanilla and stir until chocolate is melted.  Fold in cereal until completely coated and then fold in the marshmallows.  Pour into your buttered pan and press with a buttered spoon or wax paper.  Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour (or if you're impatient and hungry like me, stick the pan in the refrigerator to speed up the process).

Bars are best when eaten within a few days.  Hehe, no problem!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...