WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cheesy Taco Shells

I've made these before, but tonight I decided to change the recipe up a bit.  They turned out sooooo yummy!


Cheesy Taco Shells

2 pounds ground beef
2 envelopes taco seasoning
1 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened
24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can tomato sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup sour cream

Cook beef until no longer pink and drain.  Stir in taco seasoning.  Add cream cheese and simmer for 5 minutes or until completely melted.  Cook pasta according to box directions and drain.

Stir enchilada sauce and tomato sauce together in a separate bowl (you can add salsa if you'd like.  Personally, I don't like salsa :)  Pour 1/2 of sauce mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.  Fill each shell with meat mixture and place in dish.  Top with remaining sauce and cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.  Serve with sour cream.


When I make this, I usually have enough extra noodles and meat mixture that I can also fill a 9" x 9" pan which I then freeze for another meal. 

Enjoy!
 
Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook!

1 comment:

  1. This was not bad. I like a little more spice so I might doctor it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...