WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pinterest Deliciousness! Edition 2

Here are three new recipes from my Pinterest Food board that I tried this week!

Lemon Lush Bars from Smashed Peas and Carrots
I made these super easy Lemon Lush Bars for my women's Bible Study group at church and they were a hit!  There were enough left over that I may or may not have had one for breakfast the next morning.  The recipe can be found at the Smashed Peas and Carrots blog.

Polish Cabbage Noodles
 I made this dish for supper the other night and Alison is right.  It's even better the next day.  Which is good, because leftovers are a big deal in our house.  I prefer to eat leftovers for lunch rather than making a whole new meal and Hubby takes leftovers with him for meals at work.  I made mine with kielbasa (I always stock my freezer with kielbasa when it's on sale!) and minced garlic.  So good!  Next time, I will cut down on the butter as this recipe uses a whole stick, but I don't think it'll change the overall flavor too much if I do that.  The recipe can be found at the Under the Big Oak Tree blog. 

Kool Aid Rice Krispie Treats
Because rice krispies are gluten free, they're a popular snack for Princess.  She calls them her candy bars :)  I thought it might be fun to try different flavors and was working on a recipe using jello, but then I found this recipe that mixes in 1 packet of kool-aid and figured, why fix it if it isn't broken?  Also, I have a tendency to be lazy and let others do the work for me.  I used strawberry kool-aid for my bars and skipped the frosting drizzle as I thought it would make them messier for the kids to eat (lazy... or smart?)  They were the perfect combination of sweet and sour and both my kids loved them.  I sent these to the church picnic on Sunday and didn't get very many back.  The recipe can be found at the A Turtle's Life For Me blog. 


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my rice krispie treats (and for letting me know)! Those other 2 recipes look delicious too! I'll have to pin them! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Sorry, I forgot to ask if I could use your picture first!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...