WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Still Here

I've been procrastinating writing a blog post because honestly, I'm not very cheerful these days.  Yesterday, I was so crabby, I could barely stand to be around myself.

But I figured that if I didn't write a post soon, people might assume that I was giving birth or something like that.

I wish.

I'm 4 days overdue and the knowledge that I could still have 10 days left is incredibly depressing (my doctor will let me go to 42 weeks).  Hubby has informed me that I will be pregnant forever because this baby is not going to come.  Yeah, thanks for reaffirming the way I already feel about this.

On Monday (41 weeks, 1 day), I have a non-stress test and ultrasound to make sure baby is still doing good and then we will schedule an induction for closer to 42 weeks.  I was induced at 42 weeks with Princess and it was a horrible, traumatizing experience whereas I went into labor naturally with Little Man at 41 weeks and I would even go so far as to say it was an enjoyable process.

Last night, I was up most of the night with painful, regular contractions and lots of back cramping.  All that pain and loss of sleep for nothing.  I'm rather irritated (and sleep deprived) about that today.

I've been revisiting this post about the pros of being overdue several times a day lately.  It's not helping.  Maybe you have something to add to the list?

If you want the latest news on the baby front, be sure you're following me on Facebook and/or Twitter

BTW, I may be rather cranky, but I am truly happy for Suzanne over at TheJoyfulChaos as she has just given birth to a beautiful baby girl.    

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea our dates were so close! I'm 14 days from "d-day" today. I thought he was coming early when I had regular contractions for 4 hours at 33 weeks, but since then he seems pretty content to hang onto his womb home. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll go a little early and our babies will share birthdays :) Congratulations on your little one!

      Delete
  2. My oldest son was born the day before I was scheduled to be induced via c-section and my youngest was a scheduled c-section so I don't know much about being overdue. I hope your new little baby comes out to greet you very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...