WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days-Easy Cleanup In the Kitchen

I tend to be a little lazy resourceful when it comes to cleaning.  Especially in the kitchen since I hate scrubbing pots and pans.

Here are a few products I use to make cleanup easier in the kitchen.


Aluminum foil or tinfoil is one of my favorite kitchen tools.  Does it count as a kitchen tool?  No?  Okay, well, it's still one of my favorite things to use in the kitchen.  When I'm baking something messy or greasy (such as bacon!) I line the pan with tinfoil.  It conforms to the pan, even the corners, and makes cleaning up so much easier.  As long as you don't rip a hole in the tinfoil as you're removing the food...  Tinfoil also is great for keeping food warm since it holds the heat in. 




Parchment paper is great for baking.  It helps cookies bake more evenly and keeps them from sticking to the pan.  I don't bake unless I have some of this stuff on hand.  One time, I ran out of parchment paper and substituted tinfoil.  Bad idea.  Tinfoil conducts more heat and the cookies did not bake well.





Wax paper is great for rolling out cookie dough, pie crust, etc.  Just sandwich the dough between two sheets of wax paper and voila!  No more dough sticking to the counter or rolling pin.  Plus...easy cleanup!

What do you use in the kitchen to make cleanup easier?

Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"! 

1 comment:

  1. I just try to stay out of the kitchen--ha! Those are all great ideas. I've found sometimes that if you double up on the tin foil helps with those times it rips. I don't always use them but I very much prefer to use the crockpot liners when I pull my crockpot out to cook in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...