WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Days-Feeding Time with a Newborn

You knew it was coming, right?  I had a baby girl 6 days ago so at least one of these 31 Day posts just had to be baby related.  I kind of have baby on the brain (and arm, quite a bit of the time) right now.

I breastfed my older two and am bottlefeeding this one.  I wavered a lot about bottlefeeding her, but it turned out to be an easy decision as she's tongue tied and wouldn't have been able to nurse well anyways.  However, the same basic tool has made each individual experience much easier.

My mom gave me this awesome Munchkin diaper organizer when I had Little Man.  With Princess I used a cardboard box to do the same thing, but it was harder to carry and organize.  The Munchkin diaper organizer is waaaay better than a cardboard box and much cuter!

Munchkin Portable Diaper Caddy (Colors May Vary)

I stock mine with everything I will need for feeding and changing baby.  When I was breastfeeding, that included a bottle of water, snacks, a book to read (because my babies took forever to finish eating), diapers, wipes, changing pad, diaper rash cream, nursing pads, and burp cloths.  Everything I needed was right there and the box/diaper organizer could be easily moved to wherever I was nursing.  No more sitting down to nurse a hungry baby and realizing that if I didn't have a drink of water I was literally going to turn into dust in the next few minutes!  (If you've ever breastfed, you know that feeling!)

Even though I'm bottlefeeding now, my list is pretty similar.  I have diapers, wipes, burp cloths, diaper rash cream, and a changing pad in the organizer during the day.  At night, I load it up with bottles pre-measured with water and a travel formula dispenser (shown below) so I can do everything right from my bed.
Munchkin Powdered Formula Dispenser, Colors May Vary

Diaper organizer loaded up and ready to go!

A box of wipes fits perfectly inside the main pocket.

Do you have any tips for surviving the early days with a newborn?


Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here.



Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...