WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days-Keeping a Day Planner

I can't live without my day planner.  I've kept one for over 8 years now and it's always in my purse.  If events don't get written down in it, they are forgotten.  Period.

I use my day planner as a sort of daily journal as well.  It's nice to be able to look back and find out exactly when we did something or when something happened.  It's also used as a menu planner, note taker, etc.

Here's my day planner.  It's not too big that it doesn't fit in my purse, but not so small that it can't hold a lot of information.  I like to find a day planner that is spiral bound so I can easily slip a pen inside the spirals and find it when I need it.


The first thing I do when I get a new day planner every year is tape a piece of cardstock (or an old library checkout card, apparently) securely inside the front cover.  This works for a pocket for shopping lists, recipes, and any miscellaneous small papers I need to hang on to. 


My day planner has a page for each month so I can see at a glance what's coming up on my schedule.  As you can see, this page for next month is still pretty empty, but by the end of the month, it'll be covered in writing and x's as I cross off each day.


I also like my day planner to have a section for each day.  This is where I write down my menu every week and (when I'm feeling ambitious) jot down a little journal entry of what we did that day.


Here are a few cute day planners I found on Amazon:







How about you?  Do you keep a day planner?  Why or why not?

Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here



Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...