WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days-Trust Your Gut

This 31 Days post is going to be a little different.  Don't worry.  We will be back to our regular posts tomorrow.

With my first baby, the ultrasound predicted a girl.

I didn't believe it.  I had heard of ultrasounds predicting girls and then turning out to be boys too many times and since I was secretly hoping for a girl, I didn't want to get my hopes up, only to get a surprise in the delivery room.

The ultrasound was right and it was a girl.

With my second baby, the ultrasound predicted a boy.

I believed it.  I'd always heard that if an ultrasound said it was a boy, it would be right.  Besides, I'd seen the proof myself on the ultrasound screen.

The ultrasound was right and it was a boy.

With my third baby, the ultrasound predicted a boy.

Something didn't feel right, but I'd seen the ultrasound and it sure looked like a boy.  I was completely shocked after the ultrasound because I had been so sure the baby was a girl.  There were 4 reasons why I thought that:
1. Princess had told me it was a girl.  She's never been wrong.
2. My sister had told me I was having a girl.  She's never been wrong.
3. The pregnancy was just like my pregnancy with Princess and nothing like the one with Little Man.
4. I just had a feeling.

Every time, I started having doubts (maybe it was a girl...maybe the ultrasound was wrong...), I would pull out the ultrasound pictures and reassure myself that it was a boy. 

This is looking directly up at the baby's bottom.  Do you see why I thought it was a boy?!?

Yet, during the rest of my pregnancy, I had a feeling, a voice in the back of my mind, that there was going to be a big surprise at the end of the whole thing.  I tried to drown it out by stocking up on all blue baby things, but somehow, it just never felt right.  My mom told me after Star was born, that she never felt that a boy was right either.

Even still, I had talked myself into believing the ultrasound so well that when I had a baby girl, it was a complete shock.

I'm glad things turned out the way they did though.  I would've loved to have another sweet little boy, but I wasn't looking forward to the family dynamics of one big sister with two little brothers to pick on her.  I grew up with two younger brothers, but at least I had an older sister to team up with.  Although, Hubby is now lamenting the fact that there's no hope for Little Man since he's sandwiched between two girls (he likes to copy his big sister in everything she does, which includes wearing girly dress-up clothes and jewelry, and playing with dolls).  I think Little Man will turn out just fine and will be a great daddy someday :)

And to wrap this post up, how about a picture of Grandma (my mama!) holding the 2012 grandbaby edition?


Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here.

   

Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...