WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hobbies

This post is linked up at Growing up Geeky.




My hobbies have pretty much stayed the same since I was a teenager.  The difference now is that I have much less time to indulge in my hobbies.

I have always loved reading.  My favorite books are nonfiction, but I do enjoy a good fiction read every once in a while too.  Some of my favorite fiction authors are Karen Kingsbury, Shaunti Feldhahn, Jane Austen, and J. R. R. Tolkien.

I'm really into crafts too.  I love to cross-stitch, crochet, and sew.  I've tried scrapbooking and card making, but they're really not my thing.  Nowadays, I get my crafting fix by sewing clothing for my children's boutique.

Music is another hobby of mine.  I don't have a lot of time for it right now between the kids and my job, but I'm hoping that as the kids get older, I'll have more time to play music with them instead of using all my time and energy up on just meeting their basic needs.  I play violin, a little guitar and mandolin, and I can still bang a song out on the piano. 

I have also taken up some new hobbies since having children.  The best thing is that my kids give me the opportunity to participate in these hobbies pretty much everyday.  I now spend time herding turtles (aka, taking the kids out in public), making little kids cry ("no, you can't have a fourth cookie right before supper!"), and running obstacle courses made of toys.  And, I'm getting really good at my new hobbies.


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!  
         

1 comment:

  1. Reading is the best hobby! Although the others are fun too of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...