WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Star - 2 months old

Age: 2 months

Weight and height: 10 pounds, 22" long.  She's in the 37th percentile for length and the 31st percentile for weight.  

Wearing: Size 1 diapers.  She's in size 0-3 month clothing which are still a little baggy on her.  She outgrew Newborn size clothing around 6 weeks.

Likes: Being talked to, laying on the floor, looking at the toys on her bouncy seat, napping, eating, taking a bath.

Dislikes: Having a dirty or wet diaper.   

Eating habits: Star eats about 4 ounces of formula every 2 1/2 to 4 hours during the day.  Still a very messy eater.

Sleeping habits: She usually takes a long nap during the morning and shorter ones throughout the rest of the day.  She started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks (2 weeks later than when my older two slept through the night), but occasionally has a regression and wakes up between 3-4 am to eat.  Her bedtime is 9 pm and she's up between 6 and 7 am in the morning.  She doesn't always liked to be rocked to sleep or even held as she's falling asleep.  If I lay her down awake, she'll usually fall asleep on her own. 

Milestones: She's getting very "grabby" and if she has a blanket on her, she'll grab it with both hands, play with it, and try to stuff it in her mouth.  She holds her head up all the way during tummy time and tries to roll over from her stomach to her back.  On her 2 month "birthday" she laughed for the first time while my dad was playing with her.  My sister happened to be filming Star with her phone when it happened so we got it on camera!

Miscellaneous: Around 6 weeks old, I noticed that she had lost her newborn look and was looking more like a "baby".  My first realization of that was when I was looking at her hands one day and realized that they had changed from teeny tiny newborn hands into chubby baby hands.  So cute, but sad at the same time. 
She likes to suck on her hands and will sometimes want the pacifier, but she's nowhere near as attached to it as my older two were.
Today she got her 2 month shots and it's the first time I wasn't crying right along with the baby.  I teared up, but managed to hold it together.  Those first shots are so hard!
Her pediatrician and I decided to get her tongue clipped around 4 months of age.  I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it'll be easier to get it done now rather than wait until it causes her speech problems. 

Comparison pictures from 1 month to 2 months:



Innocent little face! 


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"! 
  

2 comments:

  1. As far as the tongue clipping goes, my Benjamin had to have his tongue clipped when he was 10 days old. (I nursed him so it was best to have it done early.) He was asleep when they did the procedure and he barely woke up. It only bled a little and then it was over. It was not traumatic at all. It made a huge difference in how he ate, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious. Like a little doll. My daughter had her tongue tie snipped when she was about a week old. It was a quick procedure, and she was totally fine after. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...