WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Want For My Birthday

My birthday isn't for a few months yet, but I know exactly what I want.  I want a Day.

That's right.  Just one Day to do whatever I want with.  ALL BY MYSELF.  Here's what I want to do with the Day that I probably won't be getting for my birthday.


  • I want to empty the dishwasher without stopping every other dish to take care of someone else.
  • I want to pay the bills without someone trying to steal my calculator to play "computer" on.
  • I want to close the door to the bathroom and not have anyone barge in or bang on the door repeatedly while acting like my absence is literally destroying them.
  • I want to sit down and read an entire chapter of a book without interruptions.
  • I want to watch a whole movie (not just part of one!) without little voices yelling from the bedroom "Can I get up yet?" every 14 seconds.
  • I want to vacuum the living room without children screaming from the back of the couch because they're positive that I'm trying to suck them up with the vacuum.
  • I want to fold a basket of laundry without any little "helpers" to unfold things as fast as I fold them.
  • I want to sit down at the sewing machine and sew a dress from start to finish without having to get up 27 times to break up a fight, change a diaper, get someone a drink, etc, etc.
  • I want to sit down to eat my supper while reading some more of that book I started earlier without anyone asking me for a bite or touching my food.
  • I want to clean up the living room in the morning and have it still be clean in the evening.
  • I want to brush only my teeth, put on only my pajamas, and put only myself to bed.   

You don't think I'm asking for too much, do you?


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!  

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...