WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Random Monday-June 24, 2013

Little Man went to the Mayo Clinic last Monday to have an orthopedic surgeon check his feet.  He's very pigeon toed and often trips over his own feet while he runs.  As I suspected, the doctor didn't think we needed to do anything for his feet except for keep an eye on how he handles being pigeon toed as he gets older, but I feel better knowing that. 

Little Man was given a sandbox playset by his secret Kid Kare person at church.  The set included a rake, shovel, bucket, and a few fun shaped molds.  We don't have a sandbox so I figured the kids would just have to pretend.  Apparently I underestimated the kids' resourcefulness; this is the area under the deck on the second story of the house we live in.  The kids decided that the gravel would be perfect for digging in.      


Last Wednesday night we were at the Bible study and prayer meeting at church.  When I say "we," I mean me and the three kidlets since Hubby was working.  I don't know what came over 5 year old Princess, but her behavior that evening was appalling to say the least.  From a young age, we expect our kids to sit quietly in church, and the two older kids are usually pretty well-behaved.  Princess was sitting on my dad's lap and was goofing around with a little girl in the pew in front of us so my dad gently tried to get her stop.  She responded by elbowing him in the stomach so I pulled her over to sit by me.  An out-of-character fit ensued and I stood to take her out of church to deal with the behavior.  The next thing I knew, she was running across the church away from me.  I followed her and tried to catch her, but she ran around and between the empty pews on the other side of the church.  Naturally, everyone was watching our little game.  I finally caught her and dragged her kicking and screaming downstairs where a 10 minute screaming tantrum followed.  Finally, she was calmed down and ready to go back upstairs.  She sat on my lap (I was afraid to let go of her at this point!) and for some reason kept grabbing at my chest.  In church.  While everyone was watching to see what she was going to try to pull next.  Did I mention that I also uncharacteristically chose a seat near the front of the church that evening?  Ugh.

I found the cutest outfit for Star on clearance at Target last week.  I've always loved the nautical theme for kids' clothes and am thrilled that it's in style right now.  It's kind of hard to see, but the top is navy blue with white anchors printed all over it and an attached yellow rosette.  The skirt is three layers of white eyelet ruffles.


"I just don't know why you insist on taking so many pictures of me, Mama."

"Oh that's right. It's because I'm so cute!"

I just finished designing the first draft of my latest pattern for my shop, Little Owl Patterns!  It's an easy, quick sew project that kids love to wear because it's so comfortable!  It's made with knit fabric, but you don't need a serger or any special tools to make it.  The pattern hasn't been released yet and is still in the testing stage.  If you're interested in testing, you can request to join the Facebook testing group here.   



Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  I'd love for you to like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter! 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...