WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Random Monday-July 22, 2013

Last week, I got my kids dressed for storyhour.  Then I realized that the two older kids were wearing these matching John Deere outfits I'd made them last summer.

Photo by the very talented Diane H Photography

Then, I realized that the baby didn't have an outfit that matched and Mommy Guilt set in so I decided to just whip up a John Deere bubble romper for her to wear to storyhour that morning.  So, 40 minutes before we had to leave, I was cutting fabric and sewing like a crazy person (which is how I usually sew, but it was even worse this time).  I got it done.  I didn't have a pattern so I winged it which is a terrible idea when you're trying to work as fast as you can as it turned out a whole size too small for her.  But I squeezed her into it and all 3 of the kids looked adorable and matched for storyhour.

I took the two oldest kids on a shopping trip to The Big City last week.  I left the baby at home with my older sister because it was stinkin' hot and there was a heat advisory in effect.  I tried to leave Little Man there too as he's very sensitive to the heat, but the wailing and gnashing of teeth and "But Mommy, I want to be with you! You're my favorite!" changed my mind.  One store into the shopping trip (we had at least 4 more to hit up before we were done) and he was whining that he was done and wanted to go home.  *eye roll*

But even if it was incredibly hot and the kids were whiny, they did say and do some cute-ish/embarrassing things while we were out shopping.

Like on the way to The Big Ciy when Princess was telling me all about something we did when she was 3 that she still remembers.  I asked her how she remembered so much and she said, completely serious, "I have books in my head and that's how I remember."

Or when we were walking through JCPenney's and Little Man pointed at a mannequin wearing a bra and loudly exclaimed, "Mommy, you have one of those!"

Or when Princess wanted to come in the changing room with me when I tried on a shirt.  When I took off my shirt to put the new one on, she held the bag she was carrying in front of her face and said, "Yuck! I don't like your tummy."

Okay, that last one kind of hurt a little...

Star and Little Man have been battling a bad cough for the last week or so.  Star has barely eaten at all since a week ago Sunday because of it.  I decided to take the kids into the doctor today (because doctors love all those walk-in, last minute appointments on a Monday, right?).  Star has pneumonia and Little Man is close behind her.      

And just to prove that I don't live under a rock and in case you do, the royal baby and heir to the British throne was born today and is a boy.  I plan to drink tea and munch on biscuits while changing my baby's nappy tonight in celebration.

        

5 comments:

  1. LOL...out of the mouths of babes. The can be so honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need you around for those mornings when I can't find anything to wear--you could just make me something really fast :) I wish I had one of those memory books in my head so I could remember stuff better. Hope that your kids are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of a handy skill to have! One night, I was looking in my closet and realized that I had nothing to wear to work in the morning...so I whipped up a new shirt before I went to bed :)

      Delete
  3. Ha! I don't like my tummy either. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...