WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesday Topics-Two Places You've Traveled


Life. Love.Lauren


Okay, this one was kind of hard.  Between the ages of 16 and 21, I traveled a lot.  I went to Texas (twice), Germany (and many of the surrounding countries), England (twice), Kentucky, and Duluth, Minnesota (honeymoon).  And than I had kids and I haven't traveled since other than to visit relatives. 

I decided to go with two of my most documented trips so I could actually add a few pictures. 

When I was 16, I had a close friend who took a German language class in college.  The class was pretty small so when the instructor began planning a class trip to Germany, there weren't enough people to go.  My friend asked if my mom and I would like to come along.  Of course, I was broke, but my incredibly awesome mom lent me the money I needed (which I still owe her) so I could go.  Most of the 10 days were spent in Germany, but we also took day trips to France and Luxembourg and went through Switzerland.  We had a lot of fun and I would love to go back someday. 

On a train in France during the Germany trip.  I'm in the blue sweater looking down.

Our tour group on one of our first days in Germany.  I'm in the center of the back row, my best friend is on the far right of the back row and our moms are in the front row. 

After the 10 days in Germany were up, the four of us split up from the rest of the group.  Everyone else headed back to the US and we flew to England to meet up with my friend's mom's British friend.

About a year later, I was living with my friend and her family so she and I could more easily carpool to the local community college together.  Her mom was now engaged to the British friend we'd visited with during our last trip to England and was planning a wedding in there.  Because I was close to their family, she invited me to come to England for the wedding and even paid for my trip.  We found time for sightseeing in between wedding plans and festivities.  


My friend and I in English telephone booths.

My friend's mom and I at the Tower of London

The Tower Bridge

Where have you traveled to?

2 comments:

  1. What exciting places you've visited! The farthest I've been from home was to Oahu when I was a junior in high school and I would love to go back someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...