WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Friday, September 13, 2013

50 Random Facts About Me

My best friend sent me on email with 50 random facts about her and asked that I return a list of my own.  It's such a fun way to get to know someone a little better so I thought I'd share my list here as well.  Enjoy!

 
1. My favorite season was spring until recently, but I changed my mind and now fall is my favorite.  Two words...pumpkin and spice. 

2. I like lazy days when I don't have a set schedule, but I thrive on a schedule so it's better if I have one.

3.  I just found the bottom of the kids' laundry basket this week.  I haven't seen the bottom all summer.  I think I may have to purge their clothes...

4.  I love Swiss Cake Rolls but only if they're frozen.
 

5.  I'm good about getting the kids' pictures taken around their birthdays every year.  I'm terrible at handing out the prints and displaying the pictures in the house.  Star doesn't have her picture up yet, Princess's displayed picture is from her 4 year pictures and Little Man's is from his 2 year pictures.
 

6. I crave orange juice when I'm pregnant.

7. I keep taking on new projects because I know they will be awesome (new blog with my sisters...yay!  New pattern shop...yes, please!).  I just wish I could find about 8 more hours in the day to keep up with everything.


8. I blog for several reasons...to have an online scrapbook/journal of my family, because I LOVE writing (I miss English class in school), and because it helps me promote my businesses.  I don't make a cent from blogging.


9. I stock up on pumpkin spice hershey kisses every fall.  They're like eating a chai latte.


10. I need 8 hours of sleep a night to feel my best.  Any less and I'm barely functioning, any more and it's too much sleep and I feel groggy.  


11. I don't usually get 8 hours of sleep a night.


12. I hate that I'm addicted to pop.  My favorite is Dr Pepper.


13. Somedays I feel like my kids are conspiring to slowly kill me via insanity.


14. Somedays I feel like my kids are conspiring to kill me with their unbelievable cuteness.


15. I love being a mom.


16.  And sometimes, when I'm having a really bad day, I don't love it.

 
17. My kids threw away my checkbook record over a year ago and I haven't been able to come close to balancing my checkbook since.  It drives me nuts and I'm late with bills a lot because I feel sick just looking at the checkbook.


18. I'm actually looking forward to giving birth again and praying that I don't have to be induced again, because that completely sucks.


19. I got my ears pierced when I was 17.  After 6 months, they still hadn't healed so I had to take the earrings out and let the holes close up.  I wish I could have pierced ears.


20. As much as I hate it when Hubby has to work night shifts, I actually look forward to having a night to myself after the kids go to bed.  I miss that about being single.  

21. I've been craving fast food hamburgers like CRAZY.  We live 45 minutes away from the closest fast food place.


22. Being so far away from...everything is the only thing I don't like about small town living.


23. When I'm in the car, I love to crank the radio and sing along.  It annoys me that the kids insist on talking to me when we're driving.  


24. My favorite genre to read is nonfiction.  Give me an 800 page nonfiction book and I'll be in heaven.


25. I love chick flicks.  


26. I don't cry in front of people, but when I'm by myself, I cry at sappy commercials.


27. I love names.  I love finding out the meanings of them, collecting unusual names, and making lists of ones I love.  


28. My whole family loves bacon, even Star.  If I make some to go with a meal, we usually eat it all off the plate before we sit down to eat.  


29. I secretly love the boy band sound.  Plus One (a Christian boy band) was my favorite when I was younger,


30. I do NOT feel like I'm almost 30.  No way, no how.  I still feel like I'm an older teenager somedays (18 or 19) and when I see my kids I think to myself, whose kids are these?


31. I would NEVER want to go back to the teenage years (14-17).  They were miserable in every single way.  I feel bad that my kids have to go through them.


32. I like fruit, but I don't usually eat it because I'm so picky about it.  It can't be too ripe or not ripe enough, no bruises, etc.  Basically, there's a 1 day window when I like fruit.


33. I haven't parallel parked since my driving test.


34. I love hats-in theory.  I never wear them. 


35. I'm an introvert.  Being around large groups of people for extended lengths of time literally drives me crazy, and I need to get away and be myself. 

36. I'm an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person).  About 1 in 5 people are and learning about it really helped me understand myself better.  (Now if I could just get Hubby to read the book...)

37. When my kids are cranky or whiny, I put them to bed.  Doesn't matter if they just got up or if they just took a nap.  It helps.  I wish I had the same option when I'm cranky or whiny.

38.  I don't even try to fix toys that are broken.  In fact, I like it when toys break because it gives me an excuse to throw them away.


39. I always have a secret stash of food that my family doesn't know about because if they did, they would eat it all and I would cry.


40. I don't like pork sausage, but I love sasuage links, sausage patties, and biscuits and sausage gravy.


41. I love home cooked food, but I hate cooking.


42. I love home baked food, but I hate baking.


43. I'm scared of traveling by myself because I'm never quite sure of what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to be going.

 
44. My mom and I still get asked if we're sisters.  I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted by that.


45. I prefer wearing skirts to pants.  During the summer, I mostly wear skirts and if it weren't so stinkin' cold in Minnesota during the winter, I'd wear skirts then too.


46.  I let my kids watch too much tv somedays.


47. I was born with a cyst right above my right eye.  When I was a baby, it looked like I had a big bump on my head.  Thankfully, I grew and the cyst didn't so it's barely noticeable now.


48. If I had a shopping spree at any store, I would go to Hobby Lobby.


49. I don't correct my kids' speech because the way they talk is so cute ("Look at that looooong tree!" and "Look, I'm brooming the floor." are just a few that come to mind) and I know they're going to outgrow it before I know it.


50.  I firmly believe that the best toys for kids are the ones without batteries or buttons.  A set of blocks is one of the most basic toys that every child should own.


Have a random facts post (old or new)?  Link it up!  I'd love to learn more about you :)  If you haven't written one yet, here's your chance!  The link-up will stay open until October 30th so you have time to write one :)

 

3 comments:

  1. If there was a +1 button for each of your facts there would have been a lot of +1's from me all the way through this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From reading your blog, I bet if you write a random facts post, I'll feel the same way :)

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun!! I love hats but I never wear them either. I look stupid in hats. It's a curse. I could comment on each one of your 50! We have a lot in common--except for the nonfiction. I don't enjoy most nonfiction. Such a great post!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...