WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Let's Talk About Worry

I got this email from my best friend that had me in tears because it was something I really needed to be reminded of right now.  I asked her if I could share it here since I know that so many women struggle with this as well.  She graciously gave me the go-ahead.  I pray that this will help someone else who's also struggling with worry.


Girls, we are all a bunch of worriers. There, I said it. We worry about everything. I will even go so far as to proclaim myself President of the Society of Worriers.
Why do we do this to ourselves? Because we're responsible. Because we love our families. Because we are scared for the unknown, the future. Because, honestly, we just want to do what God wants us to do and for things to all work out.
I heard once, that worrying is telling God you don't trust Him. I think that statement is true. 

Matthew 6:25-27  “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Matthew 6:34  “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Right there. RIGHT THERE He says it: I love you more than everything I've ever made. Don't you think I'll take care of you? Look at your kids, your husband, your family. What if they came to you and said, "I'm scared that I'll starve?" or "I'm scared that something bad will happen." What would you tell them? You would tell them that you loved them. You would laugh at the idea that you would let something bad happen to them. You would scoff at the very notion that if/when something bad did happen (which, lets face it, in life. bad things happen) that you wouldn't be right there with them. Why? Because you love them, because they are your reason for being, because you've got their 6 (that would be "back" for us non-military folks) no matter what they do or what happens.
 
So why do we worry? God loves us more than we love our families, our kids, our pets, more than is fathomable.
 
1 John 3:1 
See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
 
"Crucified, laid behind a stone
You lived to die, rejected and alone
Like a rose, trampled on the ground
You took the fall and thought of me
Above all"

Read more: Michael W. Smith - Above All Lyrics | MetroLyrics
 
 
It's easy to forget the magnitude of God's love for us. We're focused on the future, the now. We're beaten by life's problems, feel helpless against the swell of work, projects, kids, husbands........ We're women. We naturally try to take care of everything for everyone. We, almost instinctively, try to anticipate the needs of those around us, to make not only our own lives easier, but the lives of the people we care about better.
 
We need to stop forgetting! Admit it: Life is ALWAYS infinitely easier when you're seeking Him. Go ahead, admit it. When you're focused on God, everything falls into place. When you go to Him for every thought, worry. When you shamelessly lean on Him, laugh with Him, praise Him, thank Him, life is ALWAYS better.
 
So, here is what I have for you: Find 15 minutes a day. That's all, 15. Wake up earlier, go to bed later, sit in your car, whatever. Find that time. Take out your Bible, read and pray. You don't have to get fancy, you just have to talk to Him. Your Bible is God's letter to you, filled with answers and comfort. When you feel yourself worrying sick, stressed, take a breath. A DEEP breath and pray "God, I'm going to trust you with this and I refuse to worry about it. It's in your hands. Guide me and comfort me." Shift your focus to refusing to let that worry sink in, to take control.
 
I don't think we'll ever stop worrying, but, one thing we can't do: FORGET GOD'S LOVE. Never, ever forget that amazing gift. That is all that matters in life. That is the key. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...